Need help sourcing a cheap Standard Definition, low resolution camera (NO HD!)?
So I've been searching google for about an hour now, looking for a camera/camcorder/whatever that records in a MAXIMUM resolution of 480p, 360p is preferable. I hate that absolutely everyone it seems records in the highest quality possible these days. Need a cheap camera to start a lofi-/low resolution/standard definition only youtube channel. **** HD. I'll be pissed if YT changes my vids to some higher resolution. Help, plz, thx!
- AVDADDYLv 77 months ago
1. NOBODY can improve your video's resolution. 2. When potential viewers see that your video is only 360p, they won't bother to hang around long to sample the content. 3. Cheap used camcorders are all over eBay, Craigslist, garage sales, thrift stores, etc. Don't depend on this channel for income, you will starve to death.
- The DevilLv 77 months ago
The name "Vivitar" comes to mind.
- spacemissingLv 78 months ago
What a waste of time and effort.
But there are enough old VHS camcorders to be found.
The biggest problem is finding one that works or can be made to work without it costing a fortune.
- SSP Bowl DudeLv 78 months ago
Find any camcorder and record in whatever resolution you want or change it in post production.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- 8 months ago
Your best bet would be to check on eBay or Amazon. As you mentioned, not many people are interested in low quality video, so you're not likely to find brand new video cameras. Or at least, it might not be too easy.
And what do you have against HD? And don't worry about YT trying to improve your video; they can't make it any better if your original video has terrible quality to begin with.