Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesDodge · 1 year ago

My 2016 Dodge Dart dies every week?

I bought a new battery Tested the alternator they are all good What can be draining my battery?

• Jay P
    1 year ago

Sounds like you have a parasitic draw somewhere.

1 year ago

most common is the trunk light switch not going off , also radio refit with the always live connection wrongly connected

• 1 year ago

And it's only 3 years old. I guess you should have done a little research before buying, EH?

1 year ago

Get your multimeter and turn off the ignition get down where the fuse box is and put one wire of the multimeter on the ground wire now start going through the fuses individually until you find the one that's on when it should not be on! The door lights are the only thing that should remain on. I have seen the defroster stays on I have seen the tape player or the radio stays on when it shouldn't. I have seen the clutch on the air condition remain on when it should not be on. I have seen the electric fans on your radiator remain on. but one of the most simple things is the brake switch gets stuck which makes the brake lights stay on or the hood light doesn't go off. Well get your digital multimeter and trace it down then pull that fuse out and see if it cures the problem if it does you know that's the new wire that you need to run.