sage asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 6 months ago

Can I use tap shoes, if I remove the taps, as soft soled dance shoe?

This is my shoe without the taps

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Best answer

No, that is not considered a soft-soled dance shoe.

A soft-soled dance shoe does not have that much sole or heel, and has more flex.

OK, I read your first question about a "play". Those may be soft soled shoes, and OK for a wood floor, but they are not soft-soled dance shoes. I suggest you talk to the director on the first day of rehearsal about what is truly required.

• Lorraine
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Apart from it not being 'soft soled' you need something far more delicate looking than those tap shoes.

• 6 months ago

I don't think this will work because the shoe is made for tap and not as a soft-soled dance shoe. It could still be hard at the bottom of the shoe.

• 6 months ago

Those shoes are specifically designed to be danced in so I see no reason at all why you can't take the taps off of them and dance in them.

• 6 months ago

They are definitely not soft soled shoes. For soft soled you need suede such as a ballroom / latin shoe or a jazz

or character shoe.

Further more, if you are still using those tap shoes then it isn't wise to have taken the taps off as the screws tend to start falling out more easily if you do that.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

no, it would look weird lol

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.