I hear democrats crying about how we are going to pay for the Mexican tariffs.?

Say that they have to pay more and we have to pay more. Who is in a better financial position to win in that trade war ? Whose Economy and GDP would outlast in that trade war ? I'm betting on America. (U.S.)

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Mexico is, because it has enough farm workers to feed its population without food from Americans. The U.S. does not have enough farm workers of its own, so if Mexico stops its citizens from coming here to work on our farms, then we will have to import food from Mexico and then they win.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Where, exactly, do you hear people crying? The chapel?

• Marduk
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Doofus, YOU are paying more. Don't you get it? No, you don't. You will blame the Democrats as is the usual case. Idiot.

• 1 year ago

Are you confused or are you just trying to confuse US? 8^P

Tariffs have the effect of making goods coming from Mexico cost more. Their importers/sellers in the US pay more, so their customers pay more. Mexicans are punished only by the fewer goods sold, but most of these goods are made there by Americans, imported and distributed and sold by Americans, who also suffer.

Trump either hasn't figured this out yet, or else he just doesn't want YOU to know it. He's got YOU fooled!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • hamel5
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Mexico is our best customer for agricultural products. But, Chile and Argentina are able to produce some of the same products we send to Mexico . If we lose long term customers, there's no guarantee that they'll come back. This spat with Mexico isn't really about trade - it's about migration, so it isn't really a "trade war."

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

That's pretty much a no brainer! It won't even come down to that happening for too long. Mexico can't afford to lose all the companies that have moved there. The US contributes an estimated $1 Trillion to their economy. If they were to lose that it would be catastrophic for them. Don't you think they know that? This is more like a game of chicken than anything else.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

cept the US is thirsty for black gold , more so than any other nation...,,,i hope fuel prices go through the roof....

• 1 year ago

No one says we have to buy anything with tariffs on it .

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I prefer to save my money and not give it to the government. I'm conservative like that.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Who cares what democrats think, they didn't care that we didn't want to pay for their Obamacare

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.