Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTrivia · 5 months ago

Was my classmate rude?

She said she didn’t like Northerners, so I said jokingly, said: “Hey, I’m a northerner.” I am a northerner.

Then she said, “Well, I don’t like northerners.”

9 Answers

Relevance
  • JJ
    Lv 5
    5 months ago
    Best answer

Your classmate was rude and stupid for making such a statement.

• 5 months ago

You should ask him.

• Daisy
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Well, she certainly made an ignorant comment. When I was younger, I thought I didn't like southerners. I grew up in the 60s and saw a lot of unrest on tv- riots, for example- in the south. This left a bad impression on me. I have cousins who lived in Alabama (and still do), and I liked them. So, I had to learn to separate what I saw on tv- surely, not all southerners hated blacks or wanted to them harm. So, this classmate needs to broaden her perspective and her mind. Show her how classy and friendly you are. Maybe she'll change her mind. If not, you 'll learn from it (even if she doesn't).

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Just ignore such ignorance.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Goodness, what a pointless post.

• Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

What a pointless answer.

• 5 months ago

Sure she was rude. It was already quite obvious that you were a northerner, simply from the way you speak. It wouldn't have been very productive to ask her, "How come you don't like northerners?" or even "Why are you prejudiced against northerners?"

If it has been me, I might have said, "Have you traveled up north? Most people in northern states love to hear a southern accent, and think southerners are charming and polite." ('Nuff said . . .)

• marys.momma
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Most American people can distinguish southern accents from northern ones in the USA.

• 5 months ago

No. She stated a fact, it's probably for a stupid reason but that's her prerogative.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

sounds like it

• willy5 months agoReport

Not trying to be rude- just giving realistic advice

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

She needs an eckythump.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.