Question about brain tumours?

Can brain cancer or a brain tumor result in certain symptoms like Mania or altered psychological mood and things like that?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Best answer

Absolutely, especially if one had a slight problem going into surgery. I had a brain tumor removed and ended up with lots of psych problems that lasted about 15 years. Mostly manic like symptoms, ADD like, emotional, and then stuff like memory, attention/concentration, learning, etc difficulties. I will never go through it again. They have something called cyberknife thats really good for brain tumors these days

• 5 months ago

Possible but I am not a doctor

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Can have mood alterations.

• 6 months ago

Yes I think it can in some cases

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Brain tumors (especially Glioblastoma Multiforme) can indeed result in altered moods and behaviors. If you or a loved one has a brain tumor or suspects one, get an MRI of the brain. The location of the tumor will affect different things, but if it's in a frontal lobe, behavior will certainly be affected. My first husband died from a fast-moving tumor, and he went from being a brilliant person to one who was non-verbal with violent mood swings. He died six months after being diagnosed. No surgery or treatment could slow it. I hope you find the help you need.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Possibly. But that's not how cancer is diagnosed.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

If it gets that far, there is usually pain and there can be recognisable symptoms like double vision or loss of smell or hearing.

• 6 months ago

i think u get really bad headaches thats what ive heard

• Henry
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

It's an old religion question used to try to disprove religion.

• 6 months ago

I'm not a doctor myself, but it's my understanding that a brain tumor or brain cancer may cause a manic state or altered mood. Please, however, do *not* try to provide a self-diagnosis (or self-treatment), and instead make an appointment with your family doctor.

If the person seems to currently be in a manic state, please either call 9-1-1 or ask a trusted person to drive that individual to the nearest emergency room.

Your doctor may also give a referral to a board-certified psychiatrist or psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner (NP) due to the symptoms of mania and/or altered psychological mood.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.