Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 5 months ago

Why don't the Braves play home games in Boston and Milwaukee anymore?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Kathy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

Because they are located in Atlanta now, and there is where they play their home games.

• 5 months ago

After years of dwindling attendance, Lou Perini, one of the co-owners of the Boston Braves, bought out his partners and moved the team to Milwaukee, a long-time target for relocation back then. Bill Veeck had tried to move the St. Louis Browns there in 1953 but did not receive league approval.

In 1965, Perini sold the team to Bill Bartolomay and the new owner, looking for a larger TV market, was courted by Atlanta mayor Ivan Allen who promised him a new ballpark if he'd move the team. So the Braves moved to Hotlanta.

• 5 months ago

I think they are not like

• The Boston Braves were always second fiddle to The Boston Red Sox regardless of how well they did and they were tired of sharing the market with The Boston Red Sox so they moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

The Milwaukee Braves did well in Wisconsin during the 1950's and 1960's but decided they could do better playing a new Market. Business is Business.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Woody
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

They don't feel like it

• 5 months ago

Because the franchise is not located in those cities anymore.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Because they have moved,do you also want to see whites only drinking fountains and blacks not being allowed to attend certain schools like it was when the Braves were in Boston and for part of the time that they were in Milwaukee? I doubt it.

• Bob
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

AWW Looks like the coward hiding behind anonymous that posted this question got their widdle feelings hurt by what I said and so they gave me a thumbs down. ROFLMAO.

• 5 months ago

Because they moved to Atlanta

• 5 months ago

They moved. Also, those cities have their own teams.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Same reason they don't play road games in Atlanta.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.