Can blood tests performed during a doctors appointment detect any infections within the body?

NO since the health care provider has the test sent to a lab to get tested then you have to waite for the results however the blood work can help tell a HCP the issues going on in a body.....

Blood is the life line-----------------------

this can asses chemicals, cells, enzymes, components, risk of heart disease, infections, kidney functions, liver function, inflammation, anaemia, iron deficiency, B12 loss, hamedysis, responding bone marrow, cardiac enzymes in blood.

Source(s): nurse a long road but worth every step")

Yes they can. Bbbbbbbbb

they have to run a lot of tests,they will even have you shitting over a salad strainer and thoroughly root through the steaming dung by hand. AH HAH.....you were eating peanuts wernt you?

if they test for the specific infections, sometimes a blood cell count will be off indicating an infection, but not say which one

Yes but it depends what kind of test they are doing.

If they are looking for infection then yes they will find it.

Source(s): I am a Pro
  • Pippin

An actual infection will USUALLY result in an elevated white count.

Some infections which cause inflammation could also cause abnormal results in tests that measure inflammation.

• Blonde

Yes. I have a rare condition. I am reliant on blood tests as they show almost everything. It depends on which panels the doctor orders. Mine focuses on blood counts, red and white which elevated white count means infection. Ask for a hard copy be sent to you snail mail direct from the lab. Then you can go on-line an see what each blood count means. For me, my potassium is constantly low...I have to take prescription potassium daily to keep the count ‘within’ normal range. But bloodworks also can test kidney function, liver function, sugar levels, and more. :)

• mokrie

Each test must be asked for by the doctor. Every test is different.