Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 5 months ago

What is the cause for my child (teenager 13) to have a nose bleed for two hours?

Yesterday, my daughter who is 13 had a nose bleed for over two Hours. Besides playing tennis yesterday with her friend for several hours with a lot of running. I’m not sure is it her diet or excessive running?

possibly leukemia..but if its only 1 day, probably not,

maybe some saline nasal spray or vaseline will help.

she should also have BP checked

Dry nose?

severe rhinotillexomania ( nose picking ) or she is chugging Nyquil behind your back to get high . get her a vitamin K shot and have the nostril cauterized .

• Anna D

Nose picking

• Mark

It could be several things: dry climate, capillaries close to the surface, coughing, excessive intake of aspirin, the onset of puberty. I used to have this problem and had to get my nostrils cauterised about every two years.

Too much exposure to heat can cause nosebleed, make sure to keep cool and drink enough water

If this issue is reoccurring then it could be something more serious that may require medical attention.