Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 5 months ago

What does the phrase "ignore anus" mean?

My cousin called me this and i didn't know what it means. Urban dict didn't have it either

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

The word he used was 'ignoramus' which is a Latin word for ignorant person. Ignorant means that you are uneducated in a particular topic and from the Latin derivative means someone who 'ignores' a particular piece of knowledge. Nothing to do with ignoring your anus.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

ignoramus

• F
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

The fact you ask this question proves you are indeed an IGNORAMUS. Reminds me of a coworker who kept complainig about being the "Escaped goat".

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

The term is "ignoramus". An ignoramus is a person who lacks intelligence or competence, or both.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Look up ignoramus. That is what your Cousin called you. And it's all one word

• 5 months ago

Ignoramus is a another word for an imbecile, a fool, a stupid person etc.

Ignoranus is not a real word. It is a play on words, combining 'ignoramus' with 'anus'.

But even though it's not a recognized word, it does have a meaning. It means 'someone who doesn't know their *** from a hole in the ground'.

• Tina
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

No, it has not connection with 'anus' at all - it's Latin meaning 'we don't know.'
      And it's been in use since the 18th century, so it is pretty well recognised.

• 5 months ago

You should follow your cousin's advice.

• Davide5 months agoReport

I hope he still manages to wipe it and wash it at least every other month or so.

• 5 months ago

Probably trying to say ignoramus.

• 5 months ago

The phrase "ignore anus" mean is a play on the word ignoramus (an ignorant or stupid person) which is saying, "pay no attention to the ******" is a less explicit pejorative way.

Source(s): TLM
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Ignoramus has been in the Oxford dictionary for decades. Look it up.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.