Jay asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 5 months ago

Is it true that red meat can cause cancer?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Red meat has been found by UK studies and the US government to cause heart failure.

You can google the 21 year old kid who wanted to prove he could look ripped with muscle by eating an all beef diet. He died of heart failure.

Fish or vegetables provide protein like red meat and are heart friendly.

• 5 months ago

Nope. They help muscle repair.

So anyone want to play spot the vegan?

• olivia
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Current research shows that there are certain chemicals in red and processed meats – both added and naturally occurring – that cause these foods to be carcinogenic. For example, when a chemical in red meat called haem is broken down in the gut, N-nitroso chemicals are formed and these have been found to damage the cells that line the bowel, which can lead to bowel cancer. These same chemicals also form when processed meat is digested. In addition, the nitrite and nitrate preservatives used to preserve processed meat produce these N-nitroso chemicals and can lead to bowel cancer.

• 5 months ago

Red meat makes your stomach work harder that's all I know

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes. Eats bean instead.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

If you eat it on a daily bases without salad

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I've been eating steak twice a week for at least 20 years. But it was the cigarettes and sun burns that got me

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

nope. ........................

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

no it isn't

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.