Why do I have to do captchas every answer I post?

This is absolutely absurd. I will NOT continue to post to the site if this change isn't reversed immediately. I will NOT complete 160 caotchas a day, some multiple times each answer. I refuse. Good job YA team. Drive the rest of us away.

27 Answers

Relevance
  • mom
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

they are trying to find out if we are human, but it is getting real annoying when you ask a question or answer a question

• 5 months ago

I think it is a conspiracy against conservatives.

• Robert
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

It's inflation: The two points you get for answering, are worthless - each day, so there has inevitably got to be some sort of payback !

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

idk but they have it everytime i post or answer a question it’s beginning to be quite annoying

• 5 months ago

This is an anti-spam measure to ensure you're a human and not a spammer or spambot. Verizon has already introduced it to heavily curtail spamming on this site.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

The purpose is to prove you are not a spam bot. The frequency of captchas seems to vary. Hopefully they won't be required as frequently for long, but if you feel the need to leave the site, that's your call. No one from Yahoo-Verizon Media is here reading posts, worried about people threatening to leave (and plenty will stay).It may be a good time to take a break from YA for those without the patience to deal with the annoying security measure.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

To Prove that you are a Human being and Not a Bot something new that Yahoo is Testing out Yahoo is trying to Control Spam and Bots and such Its not just you thats seeing them a lot of Other Users are starting to see it come up

You can Blame the Spammers and the Bots for that

• Robert
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Daniel if you are staff why not say so. Or state from where you get your information. Mistreating users is no valid way of "testing out" an anti-app protection bot. ... No, the Spammers and the Bots cannot be blamed for a website mistreating its users.

• Ala
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

It drives me wild, but they do need to get rid of the spam. I'm trying to be patient

• Bernd
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Who knows? I just answered a question and was forced thru 7 levels of captchas. Nonsense !

• Robert
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

It's inflation: The two points you get for answering, are worthless - each day, so there has inevitably got to be some sort of payback !

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Sparkles,we all have to do it.

It's to stop spam bots.

• Robert
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

No sparkles. We all have to do it. But it appears rather, to be designed to stop genuine users.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

To stop spambots.

• Robert
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

I agree with the comment from "GayBunnyBoy", though the change apparently affects all users simply pressing the "Submit" button when trying to post answers. You may need to press that button again if the answer contained e.g. too many URLs, & thus also have to repeat the "reCAPTCHA" !

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.