Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 5 months ago

I am very afraid of dying, is there an afterlife? Is dying painful or scary? How do I get over this fear?

All human beings have experienced what death is like. God built it into our physical existence by creating us to need sleep (death), followed by waking (resurrection).

Everything else is religious superstition.

So death is nothing to fear.

A sudden, quick, unexpected death is the ideal way to go as there’s no threat or pain involved.

• Alfred

well, I should rather say WHY and not HOW- to begin with....

It comes from living in a hyper-materialistic, spiritually starved culture. The majority of the world’s religions embrace reincarnation. Plenty of evidence to support it. People who had ‘near death experiences’ (NDEs) said it was so positive an experience that they were angry when they were brought back from clinical death to deal with their painful existences gain. Our view of death here is filtered by the lens of this inhibiting, limiting ‘terminal disease’ known as materialism. “If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” (Blake) Get away from technology, spend more time in nature. You will be less afraid. Trust me. “ I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. “ Thoreau

I can see why you are afraid of dying. You can get over this fear by believing In The One and only God that died for you, Jesus Christ. Then you will have The Peace of God and the fear of dying will disappear.

Is there an afterlife? Who knows, I like to think there is.

Painful or scary? No matter how you die it will be painful and I’m sure pretty scary too.

Death is inevitable, no one escapes it, just learn to accept it as part of life and you won’t worry as much. 🙂

I have anxiety and I used to be super afraid of dying till this day scared of painful death. But what calms me down is that first of all, I am not married, I don’t have kids so really I have nothing to be afraid of leaving behind anyway. So now I am not scared of dying, only scared of failure in life. Keep God in your life whether your Muslim or Christian religion

Don't be afraid of anything, including death. You will be fine. Just do your best to live your life. When death comes, this is the way you will be ready.

There is nothing you can do about whether there is an afterlife or not, so don't worry about it. If you are religious, comfort yourself in your religion. As far as the pain, it depends on how you die. You may want to look into the possibility of medical assistance to deal with pain. Ask your doctor for options dealing with death. If you really are dying and have 6 months or less to live, he will mention hospice care and that is well worth looking into.

If you are not ill and about to die, don't worry about it. Get out and enjoy the life you have.

This normal everyone is some what afraid of the unknown but don't spend your life thinking about something that you have no control over Listen who is scared to go home after a long day of work or School? No one if you're afraid to go home it's because you know either you have done something wrong and disciplines awaits or someone or thing is there that you don't want to be around then you simply find a New Home

First, your fear of dying won't prevent you from dying, so what's the point of being afraid? Second, no one knows if there's an afterlife or not, because if there is (which there almost certainly isn't), no one has reported back. Third, the painfulness or scariness of death depends on how one dies, doesn't it. And since no one here has died, why would you imagine any of us could tell you if it's scary or painful anyway? Lastly, you get over it by realizing that there's nothing you can do about it other than live healthfully, so you might as well not worry about it.