Victor asked in SportsOther - Sports · 5 months ago

What is the best sport to try out for in high school with no experience and why?

I recently got in shape and it’s the summer before my sophomore year of high school. I was interested in trying out for a sport next year but don’t know which to join as I have never been on a sports team ever, thus having no experience. In addition to asking what to try out for and why, how could I condition myself to the necessities of the sport beforehand and what can I expect on the try outs. No golf please. I’m tall. (I’m tall has nothing to do with golf, just if it affects anything at all is the reason I mentioned it.)

Track. Everyone can run- for the most part at least.

If you’re more interested in a team sport, I would suggest volleyball as you’re tall; but this is a rather competitive sport, and chances are, the coaches already know whose making the team next year without holding tryouts, due to club. I’d say that’s probably true for basketball, too.

I’m biased, but if your school has a *competition* cheer team, I’d recommend that. Backspots are hard to come by, especially tall ones. Only limit with this is tumbling can be hard to get, moreso for taller and older people. But I got a tuck in 2 years at 5’8, you might manage.

you can't try out with no experience, you need to be able to play the sport. if you know the basics of tennis, that is good for someone that is not a high level athlete...not trying to work with team mates at a much a level

• Toruko

A sport that would help find career employment

is nss@caves.org. NASA has said what NSS

members discover could be useful on moons

and other planets. How exactly would any

high school sports for children go there ?

I did that in high school in 1964 and have

survived the adventure since then. My

initial studies in vertical were the words

of Royal Robbins. I've stayed updated

in mountaineering with NSS assistance.