How expensive is it to travel in Europe?

My senior trip is coming up and I’m trying to find where my traveling limit is based on price. I’m content with one country but I would love to go to at least three. I’m not naive in thinking it will be cheap but I’m curious as to how expensive it really is. I know there are trains you can ride so that’s another... show more My senior trip is coming up and I’m trying to find where my traveling limit is based on price. I’m content with one country but I would love to go to at least three. I’m not naive in thinking it will be cheap but I’m curious as to how expensive it really is. I know there are trains you can ride so that’s another option which to me didn’t seem insanely expensive but I likely misunderstood. And how expensive is it to stay in hotels in Europe? Is it pretty average or higher? Is going to three countries a major splurge? We don’t know many who have been to Europe but one said it’s cheaper to travel within Europe. But she is solely a first class flier and will never downgrade lol. I’m sorry this is all over the place but hopefully you understand enough to give me a somewhat answer.
4 answers 4