My 2004 23' StarCraft SUNK :-(?

First time boat owner. Bought this awesome boat used in December. Got it ready for the ocean/bay (it was a lake boat), got the slip and had it on the end of a dock in a marina. That was our spot. Each weekend I went down to improve the dock with fenders and such and learn more about the ocean/bay and boat. I saw... show more First time boat owner. Bought this awesome boat used in December. Got it ready for the ocean/bay (it was a lake boat), got the slip and had it on the end of a dock in a marina. That was our spot. Each weekend I went down to improve the dock with fenders and such and learn more about the ocean/bay and boat. I saw some water in the hull, but I turned on the bilge pump and it pumped out. I thought I was supposed to shut the batteries off when I left it for the week to go home and back to work. Perhaps I should of left the battery selector switch on some setting to keep the pump on. We got a lot of rain in 2 days. Well it sunk. We caught it but it was sunk most of the way for about an hour. The engine was in the water the most. Mechanic is looking at it tomorrow. Do you think theres anyway it will ever run again or be saved? The engine was in great condition but most don't make it, right? Just looking for some info, advice and to talk about the situation. Thanks.
3 answers 3