The grief is unbearable.?

My dog, who was my absolute best friend, passed away. He was the greatest dog ever. He was perfect in every way. He brought so much joy to my life. He died suddenly the other day. I haven't stopped crying since. I don't know what to do anymore. He was the reason I enjoyed life, he always made me smile and... show more My dog, who was my absolute best friend, passed away. He was the greatest dog ever. He was perfect in every way. He brought so much joy to my life. He died suddenly the other day. I haven't stopped crying since. I don't know what to do anymore. He was the reason I enjoyed life, he always made me smile and happy. I have dealt with loss before, I have lost family members that were very dear to my heart, but nothing has ever felt like this. The house is so empty, my heart is empty. I have no idea what to do, or how to go on. People have mentioned that I should get another dog. Part of me wants to, but the other part of me says I will never get another one. I feel like getting another dog would be replacing my other dog, no matter how much time has passed. I know I will never love another dog like I loved my other dog. I guess you can say that my dog was/is my soulmate. I feel completely lost.
17 answers 17