df asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 5 months ago

how can i keep my house from getting so messy?

biggest issues is paper. i have piles of important paper everywhere, but never any time to properly sort and put them away until I actually need something.

• K8

I keep a big plastic tub on a shelf for papers. I go through them when it gets full.

I used to have a mailbox full of paper that was brought into the house and left messy paperwork on tabletops until I changed everything to be sent via the internet. E-mail has been the best thing that has happened to many homes and offices that have excess paperwork. You can decrease your paper work substantially if you receive your banking statements, your unility bills, your insurance policies and other documents on-line.

I have created folders for everything. As soon as I get an e-mail, I send it to the proper folder so I have it right at my finger tips when needed without looking any further in stacks of disorganized mail.

I even created a sleeve to hold a letter opener on my recycle bin, so no unwanted mail even enters my home as it gets thrown out on the way to my front door. So, no junk mail, unwanted catalogs or advertisements even enter my house as they go straight into the recycle bin. It is such a relief to have a solution to excess paperwork from cluttering up my home or having to deal with sorting and or storing it, just to end up throwing it away one day anyway.

Try and make sometime to stack it nicely

get a cabinet bro

You need some sort of organizer

• Snid

I agree with a filing cabinet. Boxes work, too.

If papers are important - then they should be in a file cabinet.

• Cammie

I have the same problem.

• drip

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/329004/Bank...

$30 for four.

Set up a couple of boxes and label the files. As new paperwork /documents come into your home file them immediately.

Every time you have an extra 15 minutes, grab a pile and file them.

If you keep all new paper work filed as it comes in and keep working at filing the old paperwork, you will eventually clean it all up.

Have a shedder in hand to destroy anything you no longer need

get a filing cabinet AND USE IT !!!

• Texperson

So go to the store and buy another one for you place. You have lots of excuses instead of thinking of solutions.