Is there shame in realizing you don't want to do what youve been going to school for anymore...?

I've been in veterinary technician school... but I'm being burnt out by the clients, the pets' situations, some of the coworkers, the schooling etc. I still enjoy the work, and wouldn't want to leave the field completely, but I'm realizing that I want to get more into copy-editing, which... show more I've been in veterinary technician school... but I'm being burnt out by the clients, the pets' situations, some of the coworkers, the schooling etc. I still enjoy the work, and wouldn't want to leave the field completely, but I'm realizing that I want to get more into copy-editing, which I've always been great at.

The problem is I hate feeling like I've "quit." Even though I know it's better for my mental health (I've got legitimate issues), I still feel like I'm giving up. I don't know, I'm just in a really hard place right now.

What's your opinion?
Update: Thank you everyone. You've really helped to put it in perspective for me. : )