Can a 9-10 month old budgie lay eggs?

my one female budgie is about 9-10 months old while the male is a year old. her cere is a light tan color which i know means that she is in breeding condition. would it be safe for her to lay eggs? the two have always been super close and lately they have been much more affectionate, and the male seems a little... show more my one female budgie is about 9-10 months old while the male is a year old. her cere is a light tan color which i know means that she is in breeding condition. would it be safe for her to lay eggs?
the two have always been super close and lately they have been much more affectionate, and the male seems a little protective of her. they ll hang around on the bottom of the cage and i saw them shredding the newspaper at the bottom once or twice. i am a bit worried because she is young in age and a bit small in size. also, she is grumpy by nature and i'm afraid she'll be just as grumpy with her babies if she does lay eggs.
if it is dangerous then how can i prevent them from laying eggs? i feel like i'm too late.