Am I stupid?

So I’m in high school and I get high levels of anxiety, especially around the end of the year... so much that it affects the interactions that I have with peers and how I act around people in general. I overthink everything and stress about how I come across. But I also automatically go to “I don’t understand”,... show more So I’m in high school and I get high levels of anxiety, especially around the end of the year... so much that it affects the interactions that I have with peers and how I act around people in general. I overthink everything and stress about how I come across. But I also automatically go to “I don’t understand”, when it comes to school stuff that I haven’t learned/don’t remember. But I feel like maybe I’m getting dumber? I’m not confident and I feel like my reactions in conversations are super slow and lately I’ve been saying a lot of dumb stuff/not understanding things in the moment and then I go home and think about how stupid that situation was. I feel like I don’t know as much as someone my age is expected to and I’m afraid to interact with people I don’t know well at the chance that they’ll ask me something simple that I don’t know how to answer. I’m scared of people thinking of me as stupid so I don’t try to get talk to them at all. Is this a sign of knowing that I’m dumb or am I just extremely paranoid? With either case how do I fix it?
9 answers 9