Does an old Midwest Native American legend say that the universe condensed out of a fog, not nothing as the Big Bang astronomers think?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Have studied Native American cultures for over 50 years and have never hears of this "legend"

• 5 months ago

<not nothing as the Big Bang astronomers think?> Rubbish. Link to a single bona fide science site that claims the Big Bang came from nothing. I won't hold my breath waiting, because I'm confident you can't find one.

<Does an old Midwest Native American legend say that the universe condensed out of a fog> Probably, but so what? The vast majority of human cultures have origin myths. How do you imagine that relates to BB science? But do tell--where do you think the 'fog' came from? All you've done here is kick the can down the road.

• KennyB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Not really 'nothing' - a hot, dense energy state - but you should be aware that Native Americans were not able to observe the cosmic background radiation, the red shift off the galaxies nor were they able to measure the atomic abundance of the universe. So their evidence is incomplete.

• 5 months ago

I'd say that your knowledge of Big Bang theory is non-existent.

• PhotonX
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Henry: you should learn how that Update function in the Edit button beneath your question works

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.