Is an employer allowed to force you to work when you re sick?

So, I ve been working at my job for a year. Over the winter I got sick with some kind of virus. I went to call in sick for the first time since working there (after about 7 months) and was told I had to come to work, but that I could take a half day because they needed me. Once half of the day had passed I asked if... show more So, I ve been working at my job for a year. Over the winter I got sick with some kind of virus. I went to call in sick for the first time since working there (after about 7 months) and was told I had to come to work, but that I could take a half day because they needed me. Once half of the day had passed I asked if I could go home and rest and they said no. As a result, I ended up being exposed to a customer who had the flu. Since my immune system was already weak from being sick already, I caught a bad case of the flu and had to go to the hospital. Flash forward to about 6 months later I was sick again with another virus. Again, I asked if I could take one day off. I was told the same thing that I could not call in sick because they needed me, but I could take a half day. Once again about half way through the day they said I could not leave. As a result, I overworked myself (I work 6-7 days a week, 12 hours a day) and ended up developing walking pneumonia. I m still having to work even though I currently have pneumonia and I m having to take a z pack and steroids prescribed by the doctor. I only get sick about twice a year and I only miss a maximum of 2 days of work per year. My boss said "why are you so sick all the time?" I tried to explain to her I m only this sick because my body is not getting any rest. I also do not get breaks either. Is this even legal?