Can a lawnmower run at night?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Will.
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Yes. But the noise would not be neighbourly if you live near to other homes.

• 5 months ago

No,environmental laws prohibit after 11pm in built up/residential areas.

• 6 months ago

only if it is a vampire mower

• Ann
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

There are riding lawnmowers that have headlights, so they're designed to be used at night. The problem is, the neighbors won't appreciate the noise. Also, if you have a mower with no lights and you run over something like a rock or a branch because you can't see in the dark, it could ruin the blade.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Most lawnmowers these days have a light detection tool and when it gets dark they won't start.

• 6 months ago

If it's okay with your neighbors.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No, councils have noise restrictions. Their websites tell you the times you can start and finish using noisy equipment.

• 6 months ago

They can but it is highly annoying. And because people need sleep it is even illegal in a lot of residential areas after a certain time.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes. That’s why some of them have headlights.

Lv 7
    6 months ago

Of course they can. It just makes noise and disturbs the neighbors. It's also harder to avoid running over toads in the dark.

• Snezzy
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Toads remind me that my neighbor's drinking buddy was cleaning out the grass from the mower's clippings chute and lost his toes. Didn't I once hear some sort of joke about steal toad shoes?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.