Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 5 months ago

What is your honest take on Jack White?

Whether it be good or bad. Personally I think White is a ******* genius. But what do you honestly think about him? How would you define his influence in this decade?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • He's versatile and always seems to be busy musically.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Jack White has TALENT! Not to mention he’s the middle child of 10 kids (could be even more siblings) he was also raised in Detroit. Any music lover especially blues would understand where his sound came from. Like Sugarman..super genius!

• What's my honest take on Jack White? What does that question even mean? Do you in fact mean - What is my take on whether Jack White is honest? Well I wouldn't be able to answer that as I've never had any dealings with the fellow. I've heard his music on the wireless and have occasionally found myself tapping my toe, but that doesn't give me any clue as to his personal integrity. If I had, for example, answered a newspaper ad and bought a used sofa off him then I might be able to form an opinion. Alas as it is I am unable to help.

• He has little influence.

He is quite popular among older rock fans, because he tends to play older styles of music, but he isn't really influencing anyone.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

His music ???? ahhhh, not really anything I choose to listen to. I DO have a couple White Stripes CDs. SO I have tried to listen.

I think the COOLEST thing he did EVER was to have his White Stripes (a band of all guys), and another band of all women. The bands are actually REALLY good, I think it is more his music I can not get into.

• 5 months ago

My honest take is who the hell is Jack White.

Thank you for asking, I guess.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

When i first heard the White Stripes I was reminded of Led Zepplin.

Source(s): 79
  • 5 months ago

Hm.

I agree. He IS a musical genius.

But I prefer Jack White from the last decade.

• 5 months ago

I thought his collaborations with Loretta Lynne and Wanda Jackson were pretty cool. His owns stuff is OK. Mashes together old rock styles. Decent songwriter/singer/guitarist. Shrug.

• 5 months ago

He's the Scott Stapp of garage rock

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.