I smoked some from17 until 25. my early years I didn't do it much at all. Will my lungs get back to their original state?

Never got any diseases. Never really went hard at it because I didn't like it that much. Can't get any straight answers on the internet. Never got to a pack a day habit. Basically I quit because I thought it was dumb and I didn't get anything out of it. I also had like long breaks in between times when... show more Never got any diseases. Never really went hard at it because I didn't like it that much. Can't get any straight answers on the internet. Never got to a pack a day habit. Basically I quit because I thought it was dumb and I didn't get anything out of it. I also had like long breaks in between times when I would smoke at all in my later years. The only time I would consider myself a smoker was just a couple of years out of it and again I never got to a pack a day. I think because I didn't do it that much they can potentially become good as new. Another thing to note is that I didn't really inhale very deeply on the cigarettes either.