How do I get my puppy to stop chewing on shoes? I’ve tried everything and he won’t stop!!!?

I’m 14 years old and have had 6 dogs. My parents say I’m doing a good job with my new Golden Retriever puppy who is now 6 1/2 months old, as I already trained him to stay in the yard, and he’s already house broken. I can’t seem to stop him from chewing on my favorite shoes. Every time I discipline him for it and... show more I’m 14 years old and have had 6 dogs. My parents say I’m doing a good job with my new Golden Retriever puppy who is now 6 1/2 months old, as I already trained him to stay in the yard, and he’s already house broken. I can’t seem to stop him from chewing on my favorite shoes. Every time I discipline him for it and hide my shoes, he finds them and chews on them again. How can I stop this behavior?