Verulam asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 6 months ago

UK Can somebody please explain to me why there needs to be a TV debate involving the choosing of the new Tory Party Leader when the?

PUBLIC isn't involved in this choice. Cheap TV perhaps?

Note - any such debate will NOT be watched in this household.

• F

Why don't they go the whole hog and make it a telephone vote but then completely ignore the result.

The media is just jumping on the bandwagon of US debates.

The trouble is the media here, and in the US is very biased.

The bbc shambles was ridiculous, labour activists and anti semetic corbynite imans specially selected to attack boris.

Clearly the bbc is frightened of Boris, and so they should be, just as Corbyn-laden and his disciples are.

It’s on for 90 minutes on channel 4.

So far, I haven’t heard a single idea from ANYONE about how the UK can get a leave vote through Parliament.

All will be recorded and the public can monitoring on those promises made by the elected.

• Jas B

Well whatever the reason I won't be watching. I think Jonathon Pie just about sums up this race;

iv no idea, seems a waste of time and resource's to debate something that only 160000 people can vote in

• Verulam

THAT'S the point - the new Tory Leader is only elected by TORY MPs. Not the country. That can only happen via the next General Election.

because the over all Tory party can brainwash the public into thinking selfishness and neo liberal policies are good when the evidence in poor people lives is the opposite.

It's a complete waste of time because as you say the public can't vote. I won't be watching it that's for sure as I won't vote Tory again after what May did with the EU not getting us out. I will vote for the Brexit Party, or not at all.

• Brian

The British Prime Minister needs to be a person who can present an authoritative image on the international stage. How they appear on a live television screening may give some clue into how useless they each are.

The buffoon will probably show the world how idiotic a choice he would be

• Verulam

Well I suppose (buffoon) would be a plus but fact is THE PUBLIC doesn't have this choice = the TV debate is pointless.

Another infantile import from the U.S. It shows everyone how patriotic and enthusiastic we all are. Soon they'll have extras, all wearing baseball caps, whooping and shrieking at very other word and on the spot interviews with some fat, sweaty chavs, saying "like, I dunno what the f**k, they're on about, know what I mean like, but, he's as racisist as me innit".

Conservatives welcome debate at every opportunity while liberals want to suppress it at every opportunity.

• B6 months agoReport

freedom to say bull **** like this anonymous is a facet of a free speech in a liberal society which you enjoy.