Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 5 months ago

Is it disrespectful to put money on the counter instead of in the cashiers hand?

She was a ghetto fat slob with an attitude. So I put the money on the counter. So then she says with an attitude "Can you put the money in my hand" I don't understand how what I did was disrespectful.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

I always put the money on the counter,customer is always right after all.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

If she was rude to me, I would have done the same thing, plus left a mean note on the bill where it says "Tip".

• 5 months ago

Screw her you have no idea what germs are on her hand

• 5 months ago

Usually I put it into their hand, but if I'm counting it out in bits and pieces, I put each piece down on the counter until the total is lying there. By then the cashier is usually picking it up already so the question doesn't arise.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Customs differ. In some places it's obligatory to put the payment down so the other person can pick it up. Apparently she was brought up with different ideas.

• 5 months ago

As Cara says, if they hold out their hand for it, put it in their hand. Otherwise, do either.

In many European countries, it isn't normal to hand it directly to the cashier or for them to give you your change directly; there's a little dish on the counter for that. And of course in countries where men and women strangers aren't supposed to get close, as in most of the Middle East, it's a big no-no to hand anything directly to a cashier or shop assistant of the opposite sex.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

shes probably just used to people doing that

• 5 months ago

I too have encountered that situation. So I just put the money in their hand.

• Cara
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If the cashier holds out a hand for the money, I put the money in the hand. Otherwise it goes on the counter.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Aren't you saying here that was just what you had wanted to do?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.