My dog is having muscle spasms?

Hello, I have a 4,5 yrs old labrador recently he's been getting a weird muscle cramp/spasms, whenever I pet him on the back and run my hand down it there is a certain spot (roughly mid back) which when you run your hand over it tightens, and I can't tell whether it's cramping or if it's a spasm,... show more Hello, I have a 4,5 yrs old labrador recently he's been getting a weird muscle cramp/spasms, whenever I pet him on the back and run my hand down it there is a certain spot (roughly mid back) which when you run your hand over it tightens, and I can't tell whether it's cramping or if it's a spasm, anyways depending on how you grab this area this can go on for a while and make the dog uncomfortable, he's also showing weird things like a second ago he was laying down and stood up with visible discomfort and his back right leg stood into the air like he hurt his paw, except he didn't, this mid back point which causes this cramp /spasm simultaneously makes his lips twitch backwards, and also his back right leg (once again) to move up, I've also just noticed his right back leg sometimes twitches on his own(kicking) and he seems to be confused when this happens :( he isn't in any pain and he's still very happy /jumpy, loves going on walks, but I booked a vet session to get it checked out, should I be worried? How can I help him for now? Has this happened to your dog before? Thanks for any help
5 answers 5