Gerik asked in HealthMen's Health · 5 months ago

Is there any proof about chronic negative moods being toxic to the brain and body?

What about the saying, the longer you complain the longer God makes you live? I don't believe in god.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

If your body is flooded with adrenaline spikes and stress hormones for most of your life then their effects will not allow you to thrive.

You will get some or all of these bad effects:

Anxiety

Depression

Digestive problems

Headaches

Heart disease

Sleep problems

Weight gain

Memory and concentration impairment

When stressors are always present and you constantly feel under attack, and the hard-wired fight-or-flight reaction stays turned on. Adrenaline and Cortisol never give you a break.

Whether the old proverb you posted has an element of truth in it is debatable. Maybe argumentative people just get noticed for longer and as they age we anticipate them? "A creaking door hangs longest." is another one. 'The squeaky wheel gets the grease' is perhaps closer to the one about God making you live longer.

• 5 months ago

Believing in God or not, chronic negativity does effect the body in other ways besides spiritually

https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/science-the-n...

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

That saying merely points out that the grouchy @$$holes tend to live the longest. My dad's side of the family lived into their late 90s and some helped found the KKK.

What a legacy. I almost hope that there IS an afterlife so they could see that their 'pure' genes spawned the antithesis of hatred towards minorities.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.