The state of Tennessee is trying to Re ban same sex marriage and there trying to get it in front of the Supreme Court?

Are they going to succeed

5 Answers

Relevance
  • y
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

Personally, I hope they are not. Two consenting adults should be able to marry if they wish, there shouldn't be a need for the government to get involved in that.

I am confused about the left getting upset about state trying to pull this crap though. They still insist Hillary should be president becouse she won the popular vote. In the majority of states where gay marriage was voted on,popular vote, voted it down. That is why it went through the courts, it couldn't pass with majority rule. That is our systems though, checks and balances to get it right, going through the courts got it right. Just like our election process, got it right.

• 5 months ago

I hope they win... FAGGGOTTTS should not be married nor should Lasboos. or any LBMNGTQUWXYZ so called marriages be allowed...

• Clive
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

How should we know? You should ask the Supreme Court that. Anyway, as A Hunch said, the Tennessee state legislature has done nothing about it for 4 months. So it is not trying to do any such thing. Or at least not trying very hard. Bills getting introduced and then going nowhere happens all the time. If whoever schedules the business just doesn't schedule it, zilch happens.

In this case, what would be the point? The Supreme Court has made its ruling not too long ago, and it's not going to change its mind that fast.

• 5 months ago

This is sad to hear but... at least it is going no where.

HB1369 was introduced to the Tennessee House of Representatives on 2/6/2019 and assigned to the Children & Families Subcommittee on 2/13/2019

And there it sits....

There are tons and tons of bills that are presented and never acted upon.

If you are unsure how this works, watch School House Rock - i'm just a bill.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • wowser
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

most likely they will not succeed

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.