Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 5 months ago

What healthy meals should I cook my 12 year old daughter?

On weekdays I'd always give her chicken nuggets and fries as her main meal everyday and on the weekend we'd have roast dinner. But she came home from school today and said she doesn't wanna eat frozen food anymore because she's worried about being fat, she asked me to cook healthy meals from now on and she's not fussy she'll eat anything but I haven't got a clue what to so make. I'm a snacker so don't really eat meals. Any ideas? Something that won't take me hours or hundreds of ingredients.

1. Grilled chicken with green beans or grilled zucchini or asparagus

2. Grilled or broiled fish (salmon, haddock, halibut) with grilled zucchini or green beans

3. Lean, grass-fed organic steak with potatoes or green beans

4. Turkey burgers with vegetables

5. You can also put sautéed, crispy Brussels sprouts as a side with any of the above, they are really good for you and delicious

6. Almonds and carrots and celery and dip and apples and peanut butter are also healthy snacks.

You can look up ideas for healthy recipes on the internet, they have tons. 🙂

• Clive

There is no such thing as a healthy meal. PEOPLE are healthy or not healthy.

• denise

A nice vegetable sauce served with pasta as a main meal, could serve as well the next day as a cold pasta salad for a lunch or snack, if there is no sauce left, mix the leftover pasta with some pesto & pine nuts and maybe a little baby spinach.

Spaghetti. You can add loads of veggies to the sauce and not even know they are there.

My granddaughter had the same concern and she and her mother adopted a pescitarian diet. Fish and veggies. Working for both of them, and not as big a bother as you might think.

You are a terrible parent. My god. Get a cook book and learn to care for your child

this diiiiiiiiiiick

• Becky

I would sit down with her. Go onto pinterest and look up healthy meals and snack and get her cooking with you she is at that age where this will be a great thing to really get into! Way to go mama this will be fun! Also there might be cooking classes in your area

• audrey

Fix her a salad. Then tell her fussiness to fix her own food.

• SCATTY c

Its hardly being fussy not to want to live on American junk food on a daily basis.