Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 5 months ago

Should fags be illegal?

It makes me sick when I see them in public, I hate that my friends are ok with them and I can't believe parents let them near their children and influence them. They're just disgusting and I can't believe no one sees the health risks of smoking them

Well, there are a lot of dangerous things that are legal, but I think cigarettes are one of the only things out there that do nothing BUT directly harm the user and those around the user, and yet are not illegal. There are only two reasons why they are legal right now: the pleasure of those addicted to them, and the money they bring-- to the government mostly. So it depends. Do you think that the pleasure of people who are addicted to the cigarettes and the money brought to the government is more important than the health of everybody who smokes, or who is close to someone who smokes cigarettes? Personally I think everybody's well-being is more important. I mean, suicide is technically illegal, or at least the assist of a suicide is, and cigarettes literally kill you, so there's that. Not to mention a lot of people are hospitalized with cancer or other sicknesses because of cigarettes. So making them illegal would probably be highly unpopular with anyone who DOES smoke, and the people who make money off of them probably wouldn't be happy either, but I think illegalizing them would be for the best.

• lorenzo5 months agoReport

i'm Ana LORENZO. I suffer from a serious illness that condemns me to certain death is throat cancer, and I have a sum of 700000 € which I would like to make a donation to a person or an organization charity trust and honest so that he makes good use of it.
      here is my email: analorenzo090@gmail.com

Although I do not smoke and do not like to be around people who are smoking, they do have the right to smoke in such a way that they harm no one else. Just don't ask non-smokers to pay the medical bills. Nicotine is a drug.

• lorenzo5 months agoReport

I find it totally amazing that in spite of the Surgeon General warnings, proving that the government KNOWS that cigarettes cause cancer, that they are still being sold.

But, the bottom line is GREED. Not the greed of the smokers, the greed of the government collecting taxes and the profits from the tobacco companies who provide the addictive substances with impunity.

Sure, everyone knows that cigarettes are horrible for your health and that even second hand smoke is a health concern. My goodness, cigarettes are banned in public places for a reason. Nonetheless, they should be illegal.

• lorenzo5 months agoReport

No one gets it like me

No way just look the other way.

Oh..oh...and let’s not even TALK about the filter-less ones!!! I mean....

If they make you sick to see them, keep your eyes shut and bask in the idea that you are smarter than everyone else.

• lorenzo5 months agoReport

Well done, sir! That was a classic piece of misdirection trolling, and you deserve a solid 9/10 points for it. I'm just sorry that most of the people here didn't get it.

• lorenzo5 months agoReport

First of all, calling them names does not start you even in good standing, and they do have rights in the republic. While they may violate the laws of the church, those are not punishable on earth.

• Larry C

Lorenzo; better give your money in Europe, where you will need it to redeem enslaved relatives from the muslim invaders in 10 years.

No, what other people choose to do is none of your business.

So you don’t smoking? you don’t have to, other people do so deal with it!

And no, I’m not a smoker.

• lorenzo5 months agoReport