Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 12 months ago

Is it rude to order steak if my girlfriend is vegetarian?

She knows what I'm about. If I don't eat meat everyday, I might die.

Not in my opinion.

Isn't the whole point of a restaurant that each person can choose what they want from the menu?

If you were a woman of a certain age, you'd remember a time when it was considered normal for a man to order for his female companion. Thank the lord it's not 1962 anymore.

Your gf picks her dinner, you pick yours.

Now...if you must eat meat every day and she can't be around someone eating meat, then I have no clue why you're dating let alone going out to dinner together.

No it is not , it I should only rude if you put it in her face and say something like *look at my tasty steak*

• GEEGEE

No but generally people who share certain lifestyle choices (like veganism or vegetarianism) tend to have more successful relationships.

It’s not rude. Your choice of food, your life.

You won't die if you don't eat meat every day. However, what you eat is your choice, and what she eats is her choice. She has no more right to expect you to be vegetarian than you have to expect her to be omnivorous.

If your girlfriend does not mind you ordering steak, then it is not rude. It is also a good idea to ask her if it bothers her that you eat meat in her presence in advance to avoid problems.

• Trivial One

She doesn't get to decide what he eats anymore than he gets to decide what she eats.

NO... IT IS RUDE of her to try to make you change or eat like she does.. IF SHE IS TRYING TO CONTROL YOU GET RID OF HER and go celebrate with a triple med rare extra cheese cheese burger and chili fries.

• Xinthar

Yes a triple cheese burger to clog those ancient arteries.

If your girlfriend objects to what you choose to eat and if she makes a big fuss over it, then perhaps she is not the right girl for you. There should be no reason for her to control your diet as what you eat is totally up to you. Just as what she eats is totally up to her.

Why you ask me? Ask your girlfriend if it offends her.

• Becky

No it isnt. It's her choice. It's not like she is sober and you are drinking in front of her. Unless she wants to eat it and is trying not to