Should I be worried about HIV?

So 5 days ago I was cut with a dentist sickle; the cut was pretty deep. It had just come out of the biosonic ultra sonic cleaner after 20 minutes. But it had not been sterilized. The doctor also told me the sickle rarely touches blood because they don’t like using the sickles on children. The dentist I am working at is a small children’s dentist and only 6 kits had been washed in the ultrasonic at the time of my incident. I had my blood drawn, but I won’t receive the results until 4 days. Just today I am experiencing a sore throat and it is worrying me. I have not been sneezing or coughing at all.

• kelvin

you don't have HIV and if you did it wouldn't show up on any test after four days

You're fine. When I got HIV the first thing I noticed was very swollen limph nodes. Then came the bad flu. You have to have a decent amount of hiv to catch it...and then from a person with a viral load which is very rare today

• sean5 months agoReport

Thank you... I’ve been so anxious these last few days