Flower
Flower asked in PetsDogs · 5 months ago

Do dogs see humans as other dogs or as strange creatures? Can they see the difference between them and us when they look at us?

• Jojo

Below is my answer to a similar question.

And of course dogs can SEE the difference between humans and other animals and knows they are different to themselves.

MY answer:

I`m sure they do, going on the huge difference in a dogs attitude to another dog they meet and their much different attitude towards humans they meet.

By instinct they sense we are NOT the same as they are, and we do not `smell` (body odour) the same as a dog.

The same way they know other species of animal are NOT dogs. Also they instinctively know a prey animal from one they need to be afraid of.

Probably as their masters, especially the super loyal doggos.

• zeno

They see us as part of their dog pack with

Us being the leader or big dog.

I asked my dog. He definitely sees you as a "strange creature."

Yes, they see us as being different.

However, we humans, when we train them, give them the impression that they are part of our pack, with the human as the alpha (usually) who ensure the pack is fed and cared for in the real world.

• Kelley

Yes they can tell the difference