Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicOther - Entertainment · 5 months ago

The entertainment that one likes doesn't have to be a reflection of who they are. Agree?

I'm talking about violent entertainment, controversial lyrics, etc.

The point that i am (badly) trying to make is that most adults should be able to listen to controversial music, and watch controversial movies, without being brainwashed by it.

Oh, Orthodox. I don't watch any sports.

To an extent.

I, too, enjoy violent movies and listening to nightcore, but I am not a violent bird.

Entertainment?

The USSR has Entertainment. Our patriotic goal is to be the exact anidote of these communist bastards! If you want to be a true patriot, you MUST rid the United, God-Blessed, and Free states of the Great American Nation of this communist plague known as Entertainment!

But it is, dear one.

Well, of course it's a reflection of who you are, or at least a part of you. You (we) are drawn to certain shows or certain music, but not to other shows or music. The type of entertainment you choose isn't necessarily wrong even if it is controversial or violent, but obviously something about it resonates with who you are, or else you wouldn't enjoy watching it.

Sure...

Other than it *is* a reflection of what they find entertaining.

~

• Bob

I wonder about the ones who like Justin Beeber and stuff like that.

Well the entertainment I like is definitely a reflection of me. How would it not be? I like dark humour, so what I watch reflects that. I like horror movies, so what I watch reflects that also.

EDIT: Well there's violence in horror movies but that doesn't make me violent, it's fiction. But it's still a reflection of my interests. So I can't say it's not a reflection of me.