Don't you hate wearing thick and heavy glasses all day every day?

Hello, I wear probably close to -12.5 to - 13 glasses and it's taking it's toll on my nose and face. I use to wear contacts but will never wear them again due some freak accident that I had when I was younger. I guess there isn't much I can do besides get cataract surgery and I'm in my mid... show more Hello, I wear probably close to -12.5 to - 13 glasses and it's taking it's toll on my nose and face. I use to wear contacts but will never wear them again due some freak accident that I had when I was younger. I guess there isn't much I can do besides get cataract surgery and I'm in my mid 30's. Literally my glasses are like my crutches to see for without them I'd be blind as a bat. I'd take off my glasses throughout the day to rest my eyes and nose from the heaviness.
Update: Sandy, I do in fact have cataracts as my optometrist and ophthalmologist have examed my eyes.
Update 2: While that maybe true I didn't technically say I had cataracts but come on, when I say besides cataract surgery than you can safety imply that I'm saying I have cataracts.
Update 3: Thanks David E! You're right I don't necessarily object to worrying glasses just not thick and heavy ones. No I wouldn't quality for clear lens exchange. Apparently, some opthalmologist and insurance think that since I'm young and can still see with glasses than I won't qualify for surgery so... show more Thanks David E! You're right I don't necessarily object to worrying glasses just not thick and heavy ones. No I wouldn't quality for clear lens exchange. Apparently, some opthalmologist and insurance think that since I'm young and can still see with glasses than I won't qualify for surgery so if I wanted to get surgery than I would have to pay out of my pocket for everything. I wouldn't mind worrying bifocals/progressives.
Update 4: David E, of course I wouldn't tell the opthalmologist and insurance company that, I would tell them that it affects my daily life, mainly with glare, difficult time seeing even with glasses, etc. How would they prove otherwise?