Not sure what sort of wrapping paper to give my brother who came out as transgender?

I have looked and only have girls or boys paper but nothing gender neutral (other than basic brown parcel stuff).

I don't want to upset anyone but I also don't want to encourage the trans thing.

What should I do?

using newspaper to wrap presents is gender neutral and a great way to recycle :)

...........................

Your sibling is your sibling. If you want to get your sibling a birthday present (or something for Christmas, Rosh Hashanah, Eid, Summer Solstice, July 4th, whatever), then get them a present. Wrap it however you want. The present comes from YOU and the wrapping comes from YOU. All of it should represent who YOU are as a person and the love you have and want to express for your sibling.

Wrap it in comics if you're a comic fan. Wrap it in tissue. Wrap it in brown grocery bags that you have re-decorated with markers and crayons. Find your sibling's favorite fantasy character-themed wrapping paper.

Not everything is about sex. But everything should be about love.

.................

• "I don't want to upset anyone but I also don't want to encourage the trans thing."

False premise that implies being trans is a choice. It's not.

.

I don't want to upset anyone but I also don't want to encourage the trans thing. What should I do? " Since the gift is for your sister, and that is your thinking, then just forget about it.

Wrap the trans thing in a body bag.

• Sky

How about a paper that has absolutely nothing to do with gender? And the "trans thing", as you put it, is a fact of nature and some peoples' lives whether you support it or not, so you can either support your friend exactly as he or she is, or just admit you're an asshole not worthy of continued friendship.

I don't believe all wrapping paper is designed to be for only boys or girls. However, wrapping gifts in the Sunday comics has always been popular. And practical.

• Cogito

His 'trans thing' is a fact and you cannot encourage or discourage it.

Whether or not you understand makes little difference.

There are tons of different roles of wrapping paper available, and plenty which are not gender specific. There are many which are stripes, geometric patters or just plain colours.