? asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 5 months ago

Why are women more respected in Buddhism than Islam?

Can you say if you are American as I am asking about Old World religions on Yahoo UK

ISLAM SEES WOMEN AS PROPERTY

Because islam was founded by a vicious sociopath:

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/myths/wom...

Different religion, different beliefs & values.

• Sharon

the founder of Buddhism was a very good human, while the founder of Islam was a degenerate who married a nine year old as well as his own aunt--pedophile + incest.

• Sharon

are you denying one of Mohammed's six wives was 9 years old when they wed, or that another wife was his aunt? Just check the facts

Women are respected in Islam thats why they are covered up, to protect them

• Sharon

respect does not require such protection. The president is supposed to be respected. Does that mean he should be wrapped in a hijab?

If you read the Quran, women are well respected that is why you have more women converting to Islam men in the West. If you look Arab traditions, women are not respected. The Quran was revolutionary to their idea of women.

Islam disrespects women the same way ALL Abrahamic religions do.

• Lisa A

Right. That's why we have a female pope.

as far as i know islam does not place women in a lowly position. Arab tradition does. what most people consider "mistreatment" is an attempt to protect a woman's dignity and sanity as well as enforce islamic law. islamic law, however, is grossly amoral and disproportional in its punishment methodologies (proving it comes from The Devil. i could doubt this fact if only Islamic societies actually functioned peaceably under Islamic Law).

• Kin

That is not true. Women in Islam are considered above paradise. If you want paradise, it is beneath the feet of your mother.

Those lying about Islam and the Abrahamic religion, they will be dealt with by Allah on Day of Resurrection.

One famous man by the name Uwais from a tribe called Muraad and who came after the Prophet Muhammad, peace & blessings be upon him, that man is destined to enter Paradise because he pleased his mother and honored his mother because he was obedient to his mother. And Allah always granted his supplication..whatever he supplicated to Allah always came true and fulfilled. I'll provide a short video in the comments. That man will be honored in a special manner when he enters Paradise and will have special rewards on Day of Resurrection. There are many reasons why people go to paradise and the one who is most good to his parents can also enter paradise especially towards his mother.

My beloved Prophet Muhammad, peace & blessings be upon him, said, "Only an honorable man treats women with honor and integrity, and only a vile and dishonorable man humiliates and degrades women."

My Habibullah, peace & blessings be upon him, said, "God enjoins you to treat women well, for they are your mothers, your daughters, and aunts."

My Rasul, peace & blessings be upon him, said, "The most perfect believers in faith are those who have the best manners and the best of you are those who are the best to their wives."

My Sayyidna Muhammad, peace & blessings be upon him, said, "Your Heaven lies under the feet of your mother."

My Lord Allah said, may He be Exalted,

"We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents; in pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth" - 46:15

"We have enjoined on man and woman {to be good} to his/her parents; show gratitude to Me and to thy parents; to Me is {thy final} Goal. If they {parents} strive to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not; yet bear them company in this life with justice {and consideration} and follow the way of those who turn to Me {in love}" - 31:14-15

It is so critical to my Lord that my Lord teaches His servants and I a special supplication to invoke Him with:

"Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: ‘My Lord! bestow on them Thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood' " - 17:23-24

• barty

Buddhism came out of a less patriarchal society.

• patriarchy is a myth anyway. it forgets that husbands love their wives and depend on them to be caretakers of the children (outside of the delinquent ones). wives forget that they depend on men to bring home bacon and protect them and be moral influences on the children.