Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

Are Christians losing the ability to stand up to atheists seeing that atheists know many of the falsehoods that are haunting Christianity?

@✞ 2 ...hunter Explain why the timeline in the walk on water lie doesn't fit? If 12 men could easily row that lake in 4 hours, why did it take from sunset to sunrise to get to where the storm hit?

@✞ 2 ...hunter which scripture states the men went fishing or are these more falsehoods?

Lol we don’t need to stand up to atheists, we let them Dwell in their own anger and hostility alone.

We have been waiting over 2,000 years for atheists to disprove Christianity.. and they still haven’t been able to, but we’ll laugh and casually let them keep trying.

Both Christians and Atheists can hold strong opinions and they expect others to share their perspective. When this does not happen, they can become angry, judgemental and dismissive of an alternative viewpoint. At the extreme end of the Christian or Atheist continuum, neither will back down.

• joedlh

This is only a problem for people who are intent on getting everyone else to believe what they believe -- on both sides of the debate.

• Lôn

No..we tend to ignore their silly rants.

• You did the wrong calculations with your calculator, I think you have to replace it with another good brand!

The Christians are on the line for victory, at the end of this life, you will see the Christians go towards the right hand of God, in his kingdom, and the atheists, who mass on his left, here is the biblical step:

Matthew 25:31-46.

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ 41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ 44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ 46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Laugh well, who will laugh last?!

• God

Christians are good at ignoring proven facts and believing in fairy tales.

It never was exactly a stand they had with all those falsehood. All they were talking about is their sentimental feelings towards a god which does not mean sh!t and does nothing to provide substantial evidence. Facts always wins over bullsh!t

• ronald

I have never wanted to stand up against an atheist, They are people too.

They just don't believe in God.

But they are good people, and I respect each and every one of them.

Even though they don't believe the way I do.

Christians, Please let us show Gods love to everyone, I believe Jesus would have it that way.

• yesmar

If you think that the job of a Jesus follower is to "stand up to" people, I'm thinking you don't understand Jesus, or his calling, it's to love and serve people, not confront them.

Source(s): Jesus follower
    • yesmar

Thank, ronald. No bother, neighbor.

Not at all.

Those "falsehoods" are easily rebutted.

Edit- Hmmmmm, what were fishermen doing on the water for 12 hours............