Can I use powdered sugar instead of granulated sugar in pizza dough?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

yes sir ys sirrer

• Kate
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Sugar should not be used in Pizza dough at all.

• 5 months ago

I wouldn't, but I honestly don't know...

• 5 months ago

Sugar is sugar. I do not recommend that

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

No you cannot use that

• 5 months ago

pizza dough doesn't need any sugar except to activate the yeast and even thats not absolutely necessary.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Sugar is sugar, but since when do you put sugar in pizza dough?

• Katherine5 months agoReport

Late reply- but to activate the yeast (it works as food for the yeast)

• CB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Of course it will work - powdered sugar is JUST granulated sugar that has been powdered and maybe a wee bit of cornstarch. Use exactly like you would granulated sugar for a pizza dough.

• 5 months ago

Sugar is not needed in pizza dough.

But if you must...use a bit of honey not powdered sugar. Although you could if you have to the only difference is powdered sugar has a bit of cornstarch that will not inhibit the dough from rising. There is not enough of it.

To answer your question about the Brown sugar. Yes you can use that and would actually have more flavor with the molasses. But again you do not need sugar for pizza dough.

• Becky
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

No. The sugar helps the dough. Powdered sugar doesn't have the same properties

• CB
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

"Powdered sugar doesn't have the same properties" WRONG of course it has the same properties just extra fine grind and minute amount of corn starch that is not a problem for dough it is the sucrose that help the yeast bloom more quickly - sugar does nothing more or less in pizza dough.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.