Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 6 months ago

Why are Canadians allowed to form a team in the NBA?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

money duh you think they care about rules

• 6 months ago

Because they are part of the NBA and professional sports leagues are independent private business look how Hockey, MLS, and MLB all have at least one team that is based in Canada

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

They play well;.....

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

because its the IBA not NBA beeeeitches!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Good question. It's called the National Basketball Association, implying one country

• Killmouseky
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

The National Hockey League was started in Canada in 1917, but started letting teams based in the U.S. join in the 1920's. It's always been all about money.

• 6 months ago

Because NBA is global basketball league meaning they could create basketball team.

• Steve
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

The NBA is a global, expanding business. One day, there may be an NBA team in Mexico and somewhere in Europe. Maybe London.

• 6 months ago

Toronto is part of America culturally and economically

• Killmouseky
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

The HELL it is. You've quite clearly never spent so much as one second in Toronto.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It was all about money. Getting the big country of Canada watching the NBA brought in a bunch of cash.

I was totally against it. I still don't like them being in the NBA...I mean, think about it. A whole different country beat USA. and took home the championship

• JoKyoNim
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Well Anon the Stanley Cup is Canadian and look how many times in NHL a team from the US has held that championship.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Why are Americans allowed to have Hockey teams? Or Curling?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.