Is universe expansion actually loosing contraction and has a limit when reaching full length value?

We know that universe began from singularity, then spacetime was extracted during big bang.

We also know from special relativity that there is no length expansion, there's only length contraction. I suppose that the current universe expansion can happen without violating the length contraction rule only if we assume that lengths did not reach its full value yet from the big bang,

so universe expansion is actually loosing previously length contraction, and when lengths reach its full value, no more expansion will occur, instead spacetime fabric can rip like in the Big Rip scenario.

Am I right?

If so: can we know the current cosmological length contraction ratio in space

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Jon
    Lv 5
    5 months ago
    Best answer

The difference between special relativity and general relativity is that in general relativity, the principles of special relativity only apply to the relative velocities of two or more bodies at the same space-time point. So you can speak of such things as length contraction only if you're talking about two observers crossing each other's paths. You can't apply the concept to what you observe in some distant part of the universe, nor can you apply it to the structure or size of the universe as a whole. (Or at least, not unambiguously.)

• 5 months ago

First, learn the subject you wish to ask about. The universe seems to be accelerating in its dispersion.

• D g
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If you have contraction it is a force pulling in .. Like a balloon pulling into a roundish shape the only time the contraction of the balloon deceeases is when it pops

Try writing questions thst make bloody sense

• 5 months ago

In a word, no.

Objects cannot travel faster than the speed of light but space doesn't qualify as an object. It is not merely possible, but actually theorized that for a (very brief) time, the universe's expansion was superluminal. It is not at all clear that the Lorenz-Fitzgerald equations apply to space. They only apply to objects in space. Therefore, whatever it was you said sounded like the result of misunderstanding what you were reading.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

the Universe is going to expand forever.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I have no idea what on earth you're talking about and I'm a physics graduate.

• 5 months ago

I couldn't make heads or tails of your question. "Spacetime was extracted." "Length contraction rule." "Cosmological length contraction ratio." I think you're just making up a bunch of words in your head. If you're going to do that, at least make up some definitions to go along with your words.

• 5 months ago

It is not an elastic band

The future is not ours to see

Source(s): Que Sera
  • neb
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Your question contains many invalid statements.

You don’t apply special relativity to the expansion of the universe. You use general relativity which, under certain circumstances, allows for gravity driven expansion. There is no such notion as “full length value” in general relativity.

If you want to understand how expansion works, just ask it - don’t put a bunch of invalid stuff in a question.

• 5 months ago

How should we know

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.