My self harm scar won t heel...Why?

So I ve cut myself a few months ago maybe four or five months ago to be exact....and we ll I ve been trying to cover it up with petroleum jelly vaseline and I don t know if that helps it turn back to normal or what....but will my skin turn back to normal or will it stay there forever? :"( I ve cut before but... show more So I ve cut myself a few months ago maybe four or five months ago to be exact....and we ll I ve been trying to cover it up with petroleum jelly vaseline and I don t know if that helps it turn back to normal or what....but will my skin turn back to normal or will it stay there forever? :"( I ve cut before but they usually disappear because it wasn t that deep enough.Did I do it cut too deep where the skin tissue won t turn back anymore? What do I need to use to help heal it 😭pls help me :(

If there is any misspelled or weird words that make no sense it s my terrible keyboard :( I need to get a new one soon 😅