What is the hardest thing about being a pet owner?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Best answer

Keeping everything clean. (as far as the bathroom department goes).

Because feeding them is a pleasure.

• 6 months ago

Putting them to sleep.

• 6 months ago

Educating your pet because it takes time, it is just like having a kid!

• 6 months ago

that is if i am to jobles

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Definitely Commitment

• 6 months ago

Only hard if you are irresponsible, laps in their care or look at it like work.

Then it is a matter of lifespan and having to handle the loss of a pet.

Harder when you don't expect it or ignore the fact.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Knowing when to say goodbye is really hard.

As a horse owner, I can say that the daily grind can get to you as well. Even in the dark and cold of winter, the horse has to be fed, groomed, worked, cleaned up after, fences maintained, etc. There is no such thing as a day off. Ever. At least with human kids you can occasionally send them to grandmas or to a friend's for a sleepover.

• 6 months ago

Thinking you OWN a pet. Mostly the pet owns you and you do as it wants you to do.

Peace.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

if your going to put yourself in the position of being pretty much the sole provider for an animal then you need to be unerringly responsible and dedicated ... my chickens get depressed and dont know how to act if im not on time to the minute feeding them, cleaning their coop and putting them up in the evening .. they dont understand if you get out of the established pattern and it stresses them ..

• 6 months ago

Agree with Marty...It's hard for any animal lovers to deal with their death. I don't give a damn if a human dead but animals break my heart.

• Rachel6 months agoReport

Same... My parakeet got killed by a hawk 2 days ago...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.