How do I convert to Judaism?

I heard I need to go to Israel to do that.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

The only way, whether in Israel or anywhere, is to prove you have the CHUTZPAH to go three separate times to the same rabbi INSISTING you want to become a Jew. That's the RULE.

Source(s): It's funny because it's true.
  • Kevin7
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Conversion to Judaism can happen outside of Israel, please consults rabbis in your community and online

• 6 months ago

Thast super easy Shahara, check this video out. Hundred jew liras per conversion:

Google "The Fake Rabbi Scam Youtube"

• TNO
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Talk to a Rabbi, they'll be able to walk you through the process.

Conversion requires such an ordained person to help you study in order to become Jewish. Unlike with Christianity or Islam, where you literally only say a line three times to convert, conversion to Judaism is a long term commitment. Depending on the sect, it can take years to officially become a Jew.

None of this requires travel to Israel. I mean, you COULD convert in Israel - there is nothing there to hold you back, obviously - but it's not required. I'd go to a synagogue close to you, affiliated with a sect you truly believe in (if you believe). Unless you live in a nation devoid of Jews, in which case you may need to travel abroad to establish some sort of connection in order to convert. That still doesn't have to be Israel, though.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Huh? These Ayrab fanatics nailed our little guy to the cross!

What's wrong widchoo?

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

You just need to say in your heart "I reject Jesus of Nazareth and all his works".

• Tina
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Nah, that's Satanism. Not even close.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Nope. Speak to a Rabbi. You can also google it. There's a lot of very help ful resources. Also, a lot of Rabbis will require you to spend a year celebrating all the holidays before conversion. Jewish holidays are more important to Judaism than Christian holidays are to Christians (nothing against Christians but there are aspects they consider more central to their faith).

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You can check the Reform Jewish website.

http://www.urj.org

• Joe
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, you don't have to go to Israel.

Find a local synagogue, and talk to a Rabbi. Procedures will differ from movement to movement (i.e., Reform, Conservative, Orthodox)

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

don't feed the atheist troll ....................................

• 6 months agoReport

Don't feed the troll labeling troll. Everyone's a troll. Jerk.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.