How do I bring up ideas to my director without seeming rude?

I’m acting as Miss Dinsmore in Singin’ In The Rain. I thought it would be funny to add a flask to the scene (so I have a prop to interact with, and to make the crowd laugh). I want to bring this idea up with my director and see if she thinks it’s a good idea to add in. And yes, I can provide my own flask. However,... show more I’m acting as Miss Dinsmore in Singin’ In The Rain. I thought it would be funny to add a flask to the scene (so I have a prop to interact with, and to make the crowd laugh). I want to bring this idea up with my director and see if she thinks it’s a good idea to add in. And yes, I can provide my own flask. However, I don’t know how to bring this up with her without seeming disrespectful or like I’m trying to be in control. How do I suggest the idea without seeming rude??