Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 5 months ago

Is religion a tool to control weak minds?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Religion is just an easy target but it is not the only example. It is more than religion. It is a behaviour.

It is not the subject matter which is bad. It is the behaviour. The dominance. The fear. The exploitation of weakness.

It is when you fear to think your own thoughts. To form your own mind. There are many avenues to subversion. And to submission.

It is not good. It is not religion in of itself. It is the behaviour which weakens wills.

It is very possible to think on the topics of religion without the dominance affecting judgment. And sometimes it is called poetry, epics, allegory, allusion.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No, that would be liberalism.

• 5 months ago

It can be used that way and often is.

• 5 months ago

I really think nowadays religion are manipulating people.

Before, it didn't happen like that.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Maybe organized religion (some forms), but to believe in a higher power is a sign of strength, not weakness.

• 5 months ago

No....understand why most people are in a religion would answer your question.

• 5 months ago

Idk. I don't really care for religion or religious people. I do find it impersonal and dogmatic and has nothing to do with me and never has. I believe more in humanity and in ourselves. You can believe it but you will get disappointed however if you believe in yourself to get things done you won't get disappointed..

I agree it has and can hurt others as it creates unnecessary differences dividing people further.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No it is it's tool

• 5 months ago

Religion itself fulfills a common need that some people have to understand what cannot be understood. Organized religion takes advantage of that need and profits from it.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Apparently it's the other way around. Scientists did a study and discovered the opposite of what they wanted to find. Religious people are healthier, face problems better and have less mental illness then atheists. It would seem the atheists have the weaker minds.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.